If you are like me when I first jumped into the corporate world, I had no money and no professional clothing. This is where I shopped to build up my wardrobe:
- The Loft
- The loft is for obvious reason. It is all for young professional women, and if they are having a sale the pricing is great.
- I really like Zara to accessorize with. They have great jackets and tops that are your boring black skirt or pants trendy.
- Nordstrom Rack
- Nordys is just simply the best, and the rack is perfect when you’re a broke bitch.
- They surprisingly have great professional clothing for cheap. I bought one outfit here for $50 and used it for all my interviews when I first graduated college and landed back in the states after traveling.
- Not great clothing, but if you need something cheap just to get started with this is a great option.
I found the best way to begin my corporate wardrobe was to buy one black skirt and one pair of black pants. (No one can tell that you are re-wearing the same bottoms for your first 2 weeks, and if they do… They’re a douche!) Then you could slowly add fun tops, light jackets, and accessories from Zara and the Rack to your wardrobe. You only have to spend about $50 a paycheck, and you’ll be the best dressed in the office in no time!