With so many amazing restaurants, world-class hotels, and friendly locals, it’s not hard to see why so many celebs have made Palm Springs their desert oasis. The atmosphere here is vibrant and fun, and you’re always guaranteed a good time no matter what you are doing. My parents recently bought a condo in their new favorite city so I now have the pleasure of escaping here for the weekends.
Here is a round up of my favorite places in Palm Springs:
- Koffi – Coffee and pastries
- FARM – Brunch (the chicken and waffles are to die for)
- Cheekys – Brunch
- Bill’s Pizza– Best pizza in Palm Springs
- El Mirasol Cocina Mexicana – You have to eat Mexican food when in southern California
- Wally’s Desert Turtle – If you want to be fancy and spend some $$$$
- Parker – It is a Palm Springs staple. Everyone has to go check out the Parker gardens and have a drink in the lobby bar. This is a great spot for celeb spottings!
- Riviera– Absolutely beautiful, and the pool bar is fun to have a drink at if you aren’t staying there.
- Arrive – Very hipster, but the pool and bar are always popping and everyone says they enjoyed their stay
- Ace – Very fun places to hang out. There is always something going on (evening pool party, jazz bar)
- Bootlegger Tiki – Small inside, but great drinks
- Bar – Just go!
- Alibi Azul – Fun drinks and atmosphere
- Tonga Hut – Yummy appetizers
- Hop in and out of all the bars on Palm Canyon Drive. You’ll have a blast!
- Hiking – To get out of the heat take the Aerial Tramway and walk around in the mountains for a couple of hours.
- Shopping – walk around downtown, Desert Hills Premium Outlets, El Paseo Shopping District
- Gamble – Agua Caliente (I won $900 there!) and Spa Resort Casino
- Pool Day!
- Drink Drink Drink!
My Ideal Day in Palm Springs:
Wake up and head to FARM for brunch (I always order the chicken and waffles (even though I’m trying to be a vegetarian…)). After brunch you can walk around downtown and explore the shops and art galleries as a way to burn off some of your brunch. I personally just grab my trendy floatie and a cocktail and head straight to the pool to work on my tan. In the evening get dressed up nice and fancy and head to the Counter Reformation in the gardens of the Parker for appetizers and wine. Après the Parker, hit the bars downtown! You can always grab drunken food at the Alibi Azul as your nightcap.